Donnerstag, 18. Oktober 2007

Scotch Pancakes and Yorkshire Puddings

This entry will be solely dedicated to the joys and wonders of British food!
My favourites:

Sunday roast:
roast chicken or beef with gravy (brownish sauce), stuffing (some flour/herbs stuff), apple sauce, vegetables, and YORKSHIRE PUDDINGS, which I really want to be able to bake myself!

Apple crumble and Custard:
Every saturday after dance, I buy some bramley cooking apples to be turned into the most wonderful pudding ever, with thick warm custard!! (which unfortunatelly turned into scrambled eggs last time I made it, after being perfect!)

Scotch pancakes:
small, thick pancakes
my recipe:
100 g plain flour
100 g self-raising flour
50 g caster sugar
2 eggs (beat the white till thick separately)
about 200 ml milk

1-2 tbsp per pancake

According to Marie "the best pancakes ever"! She ate about 7 in a row ;).

Hot cross buns:
Lovely raisin buns with cinnamon and other spices.
Toast them and add lots of butter (according to Marie it has to be burned with little butter, which inevitably leads to the conversation "it is unhealthy when it's burned" - "Well, having that much butter (she points at my plate) is unhealthy, too!" every morning.)

Keine Kommentare: